Founded 1924 - Rebuilt 2003
Open 364 days of the year: 08:30 - 17:00 (Closed Christmas Day)
KIRSTENBOSCH TEA ROOM RESTAURANT
for breakfast, lunch and tea
Enjoy our famous
breakfasts, lunches and teas
in the most beautiful garden in Africa
- See our new scrumptiously warming HIGH TEA PARTY MENU
- All food is prepared on the premises under Pamela’s careful supervision using only the best and freshest ingredients.
- We are proud of our bakery, with Anton at the helm, producing the freshest scones, breads, cakes, cinnamon butter buns and much more throughout the day.
- The MENU is comprehensive and includes food for all tastes, traditional and adventurous, the health conscious and vegetarians, the hungry and not so hungry, young and old and something for those with allergies.
- The GARDEN GOURMET PICNIC MENU, in re-usable green bags, to be enjoyed on the lawns and benches in the spectacular Kirstenbosh gardens.
- NEW PLATTER MENU Choose from our selection of snack and sandwich platters to take home or enjoy in the garden.
The Tea Room is fully licensed.
‘Pamela Shippel’s way is practical, down-to-earth, knowledgeable, enthusiastic and up-to-date. Her cookbooks are trusted friends
in the kitchen’
Prue Leith OBE - award-winning chef, magazine food editor and author.